Grow your glutes at home with these 5 effective exercises to build a higher, firmer, and rounder booty, improving your posture and burning fat at the same time.
These muscles are very important because they play a crucial role in supporting your spine, stabilizing your pelvis, and maximizing the strength of your legs.
Just by strengthening your glutes, you will increase the strength of your whole body and improve posture, which is beneficial for running and high-intensity sports. In addition to this, strong glutes also help prevent injuries.
HOW TO DEVELOP STRONGER GLUTES?
You can strengthen your glutes with the following 5 exercises which will take only 15 minutes of your day. We recommend you to perform them 5 times per week.
1. Weighted Bridge
- Lay on your back, and bend your knees with your feet flat on the ground. Place your feet in a parallel position to your knees.
- Put a light dumbbell on your hips and start raising them off the ground by tightening your glutes, thighs, and abs (if you are a beginner, you can perform the exercise without the dumbbell).
- Lower the body to the starting position, but make sure that your hips are still slightly above the ground.
- Repeat the exercise 15 times in three series.
- Stand up straight with legs at hips width apart.
- Step forward with your right leg and bend your knee at 90 degrees.
- Stay in this position for 5 seconds, then pull the leg back to the starting position.
- Repeat the exercise with your left leg.
- It is recommended to perform three series of this exercise with 20 repetitions with each leg.
3. Squat Pulse
- Start by standing with your legs hip-width apart, and your toes faced outward. Then put your arms straight out in front of your body.
- Squat down, keeping your glutes and abs tight. Make sure that your knees are aligned with the toes, and your back is in a straight position.
- Hold this position while your raise and lower your buttocks slightly.
- Repeat the exercise 15 times in three series. You can also use dumbbells for more effective stretch.
4. Donkey Kicks
- Begin on the ground on your hands and knees at shoulder’s and hip’s width.
- Raise your right heel towards the ceiling and make sure that your foot is right above the buttock. Keep your thigh no higher than the torso in order to prevent unwanted injury.
- Stay in this position for a few seconds and slowly return your knee towards the ground without touching it.
- Repeat the exercise 15 times in three series with each leg. You can also strap on ankle weights to boost the workout.
5. Fire Hydrant
- Put your hands and knees flat on the ground.
- Raise your left leg up to the side so that your hip is opened, and your thigh is parallel to the ground.
- Return the knee to the starting position without touching the floor.
- Repeat the exercise 15 times in three series with each leg.