Perhaps searching among the different ways you have to cook healthy food, you have come up with the use of the air-fryer, which is nothing more than a fryer that uses air to cook. An appliance that cooks food quickly, safely and healthily and does not use oil. It’s also super versatile and works for just about anything, from grilling to baking. So let’s see below recipes 10 low-calorie recipes to make in the air-fryer.
Actually any food that you usually cook in the pan or on the fire with oil, can also be cooked in this type of fryer that is so fashionable today, since it means using one of the healthiest fryers without oil, but if what you are looking for They are recipes with few calories, nothing like trying these that we explain below
1.SALMON AIR FRYER
Cooking salmon in an air fryer results in the most tender, succulent, and delicious piece of fish, and it’s so quick and easy too! This low carb, low calorie salmon recipe takes 10 minutes and is perfect as part of an easy weeknight meal. The air fryer browns the fish beautifully and the result is like restaurant quality seafood and only 276 calories (for 4 servings of salmon)
Cut the salmon fillets into equal sizes and preheat your fryer. You can also buy them already pre-cut into fillets. You can remove the skin if you wish , but it is not necessary.
Season each fillet with garlic, paprika, salt and pepper and drizzle a little olive oil on top . Paprika really gives salmon a beautiful golden color when cooked, so you’ll love adding it to salmon. Make sure to rub in the spices for the best flavor and then place the salmon in the fryer.
Depending on the thickness of the salmon and the exact fryer you have, the time could vary. But on average you expect air fryer salmon to cook in 7-9 minutes , that’s it! You’ll know it’s done when it comes off easily. Then you are ready to serve it.
2.ZUCCHINI FRIES WITH ALIOLI
Barely 400 calories (and for 6 people) is what these zucchini fries have, fried and crispy made in the air fryer and also adding a little aioli sauce.
2 medium zucchini
1/2 cup flour
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
1/2 cup Italian breadcrumbs
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 teaspoon of cumin
3.LEMON AND TARRAGON AIOLI
2 cloves garlic (minced)
3 teaspoons lemon juice (plus 1 teaspoon lemon zest)
1/2 cup canola oil
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
Kosher sauce and freshly ground black pepper
2 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon leaves Save $
- Cut the zucchini into sticks no more than 1/2 finger thick and 3 fingers long.
- Add the flour to a shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl, beat the egg and season with salt and pepper. In a third shallow bowl, combine the panko, breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, olive oil, and cumin.
- Dredge the zucchini in flour, then the eggs, and then the Panko mixture.
- Heat the fryer to 200 degrees.
- Working in batches, place the zucchini fries in a single layer in the fryer. Cook for 8-10 minutes , until crisp. Season with kosher salt while warm.
LEMON AND TARRAGON AIOLI
- While the fries are cooking, prepare the aioli.
- Combine the egg, garlic, and lemon juice in a blender or food processor. With the engine running, slowly drizzle in the canola oil until emulsified.
- Transfer to a medium bowl. Whisk the aioli while slowly drizzling in the olive oil. fold
- tarragon leaves and lemon zest and season with salt and pepper to taste.
4.GARLIC AIR FRYER CHIPS
Another way to make potatoes, this time potato chips with the air-fryer also adding a little garlic and Parmesan cheese, but fear not , it does not have more than 100 calories and it is also vegan Parmesan.
- 2 large potatoes
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- 4 garlic cloves , crushed or minced
- 2 tablespoons homemade vegan Parmesan
- Cut the potatoes into thin slices to a measure 1.5 mm.
- Place the sliced potatoes in a bowl and fill with water. Add 2 teaspoons of salt. Let soak for 30 minutes.
- Drain and rinse the potatoes. Dry.
- Toss potatoes with crushed garlic and vegan parmesan.
- Place half of the potato slices in the fryer, in no more than 4 layers. Don’t overload the fryer or the chips won’t cook evenly.
- Fry at 100 degrees for 20-25 minutes, or until dry to the touch and no longer flimsy. Stir and mix the basket every 5 minutes or so.
- Raise the temperature to 200 degrees and fry for 5 more minutes or until the potatoes are crispy.
- Remove from the fryer and top with more vegan cheese or salt.
- Repeat for the other half of the potato slices.
5.BRUSSELS SPROUTS AIR FRYER
Perfect Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts, crispy on the outside and tender on the inside. They are easy to make and delicious with less than 110 calories.
- 2 cups Brussels sprouts , cut lengthwise into ¼-thick pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- In a bowl, toss the chopped Brussels sprouts with the olive oil, vinegar, and salt.
- Cook at 200 degrees for 8-10 minutes , stirring (and checking progress) after 5 minutes and then before 8 minutes to check for crispness.
6.CHICKEN PARMESAN AIR FRYER
Another delicious recipe that we can make in our air-fryer. A chicken parmesan that only has 250 calories.
- 2 round chicken breasts, cut in half to make 4 thinner cutlets
- 6 tablespoons seasoned breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 tablespoons reduced-fat mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup of marinara
- Preheat the fryer to 180°C for 3 minutes .
- Combine the breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese in a bowl. Melt the butter in another bowl.
- Lightly spread the butter over the chicken, then dip it into the breadcrumb mixture.
- When the fryer is ready, place 2 pieces in the basket and spray the top with oil.
- Cook 6 minutes, flip and top each with 2 tablespoons sauce and 1 1/2 tablespoons grated mozzarella cheese.
- Cook 3 more minutes or until cheese melts.
- Reserve and keep warm, repeat with the remaining 2 pieces.
7.AIR FRYER CHICKEN WINGS
With a touch of honey, and a little spice, these air-fryer chicken wings are irresistible. They only have 250 calories.
- Half a kilo of chicken wings, without the tips, cut individually and flat.
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons sriracha sauce or chili sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon butter
- juice of 1/2 lime
- cilantro, chives or chives to decorate
- Preheat the fryer to 180 degrees. Add the chicken wings to the air fryer basket and cook for 30 minutes, turning the chicken about every 7 minutes with tongs to ensure the wings are evenly browned.
- While the wings are cooking, add the sauce ingredients to a small saucepan and bring to a boil for about 3 minutes.
- When the wings are cooked, toss them in a bowl with the sauce until completely covered, sprinkle with the garnish and serve immediately.