Well, the trend of detoxing is increasingly taking the fitness circuit by storm.
And rightly so, the heavily urbanized and increasingly toxic-ridden world we inhabit is weighing upon our health.
The human body has several natural pathways to allow detoxification through the liver, sweat, urine, and faeces.
But the exposure to heavy metals, preservatives and pesticides has taken the average toxin consumption by human beings to an all-time high.
Thus, it is necessary to make certain changes in the diet to help the body in the detoxification process.
As the name suggests, detoxing is a process which helps the vital organs cleanse themselves.
Detox drinks are fast gaining recognition for preventing toxic overload and major health problems.
If the toxic intake is not curtailed, it can manifest in various problems like bloating, gas, headaches, constipation, headaches, fatigues, nausea and skin problems.
A regular intake of these simple detox drinks can aid weight loss, give a boost to your metabolism, work as an incredible laxative agent and helps digestion.
Detox drinks also aid smoother liver functioning, better sleep and improved hair and skin.
Liver is responsible for several bodily functions including the cleansing of blood,protein synthesis, digestion of fat and metabolizing fats, carbohydrates, and proteins.
However consuming a lot of junk, unhealthy and fried food and consuming too much alcohol makes the liver overworked and overloaded. This is why it is important to detoxify your liver.
Here are 5 best drinks you can try to detox liver fast.
- Peppermint leaves are packed with essential oils such as menthol and menthone, which help in performing detox functions and also support digestion.
- Boil water in a bowl, and then add 2 tbsps of mint leaves. Steep for a while, and drink it half an hour before going to bed at night.
- Used for centuries in Ayurveda, turmeric is a powerful spice. One of the best ways to get rid of toxic in our body is to drink turmeric tea daily.
- In a glass of boiling water, add a pinch of turmeric. Stir in honey and enjoy.
3.Ginger and Lemon Tea
- This classic detox drink blends ginger with lemon and has powerful anti-inflammatory properties that not only detoxify your body but also accelerate the process of weight loss.
- This concotion helps in relieving bloating, boosts metabolism and prevents illness.
- In a glass of boiling water,add the juice of half a lemon and a slice of ginger. Stir, steep for 15 minutes and drink it at bedtime.
- Chamomile tea is a powerful antioxidant and has sedative properties that help in relieving stress and improving sleep.
- It also helps in controlling the nervous system that calms the inflamed tissues.
- In a glass of boiling water, add 1 tablespoon of chamomile flowers. Keep it covered for 10 minutes, and then drink it.
- Consume it every day for at least two weeks to reap its benefits.
5.Lukewarm lemon water
- Warm water with lemon is recommended during the early hours of the day but, its benefits will remain the same even when you have it at night.
- Lemon is known for detoxifying the liver and cleansing the entire body in a go.
- For preparation, just heat a glass of water and add the juice of half a lemon to it.
- Mix it well and drink half an hour before bed.
- Repeat the same for three consecutive weeks for results.